Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Put the fear of American Idol in 'em...

It used to be said "the fear of God," but after most of the shows I watch switched from their respective nights of Tues and Weds to Monday, it must be the fear of American Idol. For those who don't watch as many shows, let me give you a quick run-down of the new schedule according to me.

7 p.m. is Dancing With the Stars on ABC, which goes until 8:30 and is immediately followed by Samantha Who, a charming comedy starring Christina Applegate.

However, on the CW at 7 p.m. is Gossip Girl followed by One Tree Hill. I have seen all four seasons of OTH and am not about to stop because of a time conflict. But for Pete's sake, help a girl out.

Lest you think me finished, on Fox at 7 p.m. we have Bones, a show I am madly in love with, followed by House, which is equally riveting. Oh and don't forget Wildfire on ABCfamily at 7 p.m. It's the last season and there's a long awaited wedding coming. Can't miss it, but how do I watch it?

Some of this might be doable if I owned a TiVO, but who can afford such luxuries? Instead, I skip DWTS until it's online Tues, mostly because this season I am not voting. Last season Marc and Sabrina should have won the whole show and instead went home in week 6. It was then that I realized America is stupid and doesn't vote for most talented but instead most pathetic. (Take Sanjaya for an example.)

Sacrificing DWTS allowed me to watch Bones uninterrupted -- until next week that is. I'm not sure what I'll do. It will probably involve some letter-writing to the stations to tell them to stop being such chicken butts, and run their shows against Idol. I'd watch them, and I'm all that really matters.

No comments: